Future Region Vienna- Lower Austria- South Moravia
ZUWINS is an interregional project with the participation of the Austrian Trade Union Confederation (ÖGB) and the Czech- Moravian Trade Union Confederation (CMKOS). The project is partly financed by the European Union Program for territorial cooperation, Austria – Czech Republic 2007 – 2013.
The activities are focused on the upcoming complete liberalisation of the job market taking place in 2011.
Trade Unions and Social Partners on both sides of the border are interested in intensifying their cooperation for a common European Region.
The target group are workers and employees from the regions of Vienna, Lower Austria and South Moravia. The Trade Unions have the best contact to these groups. Special activities are planned for women and young workers and employees.
Some activities in detail:
• Legal advice in Czech in Vienna and Lower Austria
• Legal advice in Czech and German in Brno, Czech Republic
• Central European Trade Union Academy, interregional training course for Czech and Austrian workers’ councils
• Establish a basis for possible transnational collective bargaining agreements
• Language courses
• Establish a basis for Transnational Social Partnership
• Co- operation in the framework of the European- Workers’ Council
• Dissemination activities, workshops, events, etc.
• Publications and studies
Financing: 50 % EU-Funds, 50 % National Funds (Ministry of Labour)
Project duration: 01.01.2009 – 31.12.2012
ÖGB- Referat f. Bildung, Freizeit u. Kultur
Johann-Böhm-Platz 1, 1020 Wien